Monday, January 24, 2011

2011/ Day 15: Betrayed


Have you ever been betrayed?  I have and it feels horrible!  People who you thought would always be there for you have turned their back on you.  Sometimes, they are more than friends, they are compatriots.  You have fought a few battles together and celebrated the victories, only to find out something bigger than your friendship got in the way.  Now, they are gone and you’re alone.

It’s Biblical!  Paul wrote to Timothy (II Timothy 4) about betrayal and even named names.  Demas and Alexander were at one time fellow workers with him, only to be drawn away by a love for the world rather than deepening their love for Christ. 

I started this fast with some personal spiritual directives.  I have made God aware of them through my prayer and meditation times.  I must admit, my greatest desire is that I will emerge out of these 21 days LOVING Jesus more than ever!  I have daily renewed my commitment to serve the Lord with gladness and obey His Word and the Holy Spirit in my life and ministry.  I don’t want my name ever mentioned as a spiritual traitor like Demas and Alexander.

Paul described what traitors are like; “For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.  Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.  They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths” (II Tim. 4:3-4).

My duty…“Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage---with great patience and careful instruction” (II Tim. 4:2). 

This is my prayer for today and I invite you to join me in it.
Lord, today I will patiently live and trust your Word, doing as it instructs me.  You called me and I will faithfully obey.  Thank you for individuals who have not nor will not betray me, because they love you as much as I do!  May your Holy Spirit empower your Church today!  Amen

I’ll see you at the Throne,
Pastor George

No comments:

Post a Comment