Sunday, February 24, 2013

Consistency is the Key


Today’s blog entry will be short!It’s Sunday and the priority of our day is to gather with people of like faith to share time and space with the divine.  You don’t need a blogger when you’ve got a pastor who has plenty to say.

Honi the Circle Maker is our guide on this journey to Easter.  The simplicity of his action to draw a circle and then get in isn’t beyond our reach in our own personal lives.  It dawned on me that I do that very thing each morning when I rise to spend the first hour of my day in my circle with God.

Consistency is a recognized attribute in the life of a sincere follower of the divine.  Jesus praised the actions of a woman who persistently pounded on the door of a godless judge.  Whatever he did for the woman isn’t nearly as important as the moral of Jesus to this story…

And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night?  Will he keep putting them off?  I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.” (Luke 18:7-8)

Visit your circle daily, even on Sundays when the One whose eye is on both the sparrow and you is in your circle!

I’ll meet you at the Throne,

Pastor George   



No comments:

Post a Comment