Sunday, January 30, 2011

2011/ Day 21: Thank You!

To all my fasting friends, I want to THANK YOU for walking this spiritual journey with me. It doesn't matter what you fasted and for how long, but that you honored God and were obedient to His invitation to draw closer. Thank you!

As I’ve looked in Scriptures, I have not found a place where God said ‘Thank You’ to anyone for what they did. If God was going to say thank you, it would probably be found in Hebrews 11, but it’s not there. What we do find are different phrases spoken by the Holy Spirit concerning those who believed God and obeyed His directives.
Note with me just a few…

Abel…he was commended as a righteous man (vs. 4)
Enoch…he was commended as one who pleased God (vs. 5)
Noah…became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith (vs. 7)
Abraham…received the promise (vs. 17)

God didn’t have to say Thank You to appreciate what His faithful followers did. He just acknowledged them! Wow, just think, God knows me! He sees, hears, understands, and works with me. What more can I ask for!

Why did I fast these 21 days? To get a ‘thank you’ from God? To impress you? Did I do it because I’m the pastor? I sure hope not. Why does anyone do anything for God? To please Him! I just want my Heavenly Father to know that it’s Him that matters to me and that I’m willing and ready to do what He expects from His children.

Hebrews 11:39 says; “They were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.”

Do you see the reason? Right at the end of the verse, “they would be made perfect.” If this fast has brought more perfection to your faith, then trust me, that’s what our God was after. One day, it won’t be ‘thank you’ that we hear from our God, but “well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21).

I’ll meet you at the Throne,
Pastor George

2 comments:

  1. Very much enjoying the blogs every day!! I think this is going to have to be a routine after the 21 days. I am sure there are others who will agree. You have such a wonderful way of teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came in to check for Day 22 :-), but I know it stopped at day 21 ...I am missing the fast...thats a good thing :-)

    ReplyDelete