Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011/ Day 10: If One Is The Loneliest Number, What Does That Make Ten?

Today is a personal milestone for you and me!  A milestone, as you know, is an event of significance.

Why would I say that?  Jesus’ instruction to fast (read Matt. 6:16-18) wasn’t just a directive without purpose.  And the purpose wasn’t meant to be public.  Fasting was between the faster and their Heavenly Father.  I entered this fast anticipating that something of spiritual significance would occur because of my obedience. 


Today is Day 10. The number 10 has Biblical meaning.  It “deals with completeness that happens in a divine order or completed during a course of time.”  According to the number, something has been completed in our fasting season that God knows, whether He reveals it to us or not.  Based on biblical numerology, we have achieved our first spiritual milestone.  You have not gone ten days for nothing!  God has been at work and continues to work according to your faith and discipline. 

Our next milestone will be Day 20.  The number twenty “deals with the expectancy of things happening with a great magnitude.”  Notice how moving forward in our dedication will accomplish things of great magnitude.  Again, that’s why the Holy Spirit instructed Paul to write; “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” (Galatians 6:9). 

Why 21 days of fasting?  The number twenty-one has the meaning which “deals with a Divine Completion.”  Though I don’t know what God is doing in your and my situations, I know His plans are for something divine to be accomplished and it will only occur as I keep my focus on obedience.

We’ve made it this far! We’re half way through, so don’t give up now… you’re walking in divine order which will produce something of great magnitude when it is completed in God’s time!

I’ll meet you at the Throne,
Pastor George


No comments:

Post a Comment