Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 12 Confirmation or Clarification from God?

There is no way all our decisions are going to be right ones. 
Try as we might, we make decisions based on the information we have. If you’re like me,  you pray often that your choices will be pleasing to the Lord.  Even so, we can be deceived or just plain negligent in our human attempt to make friends, make major purchases, choose a location to live, or make a right investment.  Sometimes it goes wrong and we don't always know why.
The life of faith is just that--faith.  Faith doesn't see every detail or understand every outcome before it happens.  Faith trusts first the ‘God factor’, believing as we commit our actions to prayer that God will bless them. 

But sometimes we are like Abraham and try to ‘help’ God, and Ishmaels are born. 

Ishmaels are generally born because, more often than not, we do not take the time to seek and receive confirmation in our decision making.  Then, when things don't turn out right, we can get discouraged at our lack of spiritual discernment. Or worse, we grow disappointed with God for not stopping us before we got into trouble.
Our quick prayer, "God please bless my decision" becomes more of an appeasement to our conscience than an earnest appeal for divine guidance and assistance. 

I made a decision some years ago that I really felt was God-ordained.  I entered into it with a pure heart and right motives.  I had spent time seeking God's wisdom,  but it went terribly wrong.  In fact, it blew up in my face and left me confused, frustrated, hurt and feeling spiritually foolish that I didn't see it coming.

I had originally moved forward in that decision thinking that I had confirmation from God, but now I was in need of clarification from Him.

I met a friend today who I had not been with for a couple of years. My friend asked a question regarding that situation and my answer opened a door of clarification as to why my decision had gone wrong.  I needed that clarification to put the whole situation into perspective and the Holy Spirit used my friend to bring it.  What I thought might never come came…deeper understanding and an answer to my “Why?” question. And now I have peace.

We serve a God who knows when and where to confirm and clarify the good and bad in life. Whether you need confirmation or clarification today, keep your heart pure and spirit right and God will bring you His perspective!

I'll meet you at the Throne,
Pastor George

No comments:

Post a Comment