Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 5 When Time Stands Still

Everybody Needs Somebody Sometime is the title of an old song popular when I was a teenager.  It came to mind this week when I received an email from an old friend at a most strategic moment.  I was praying about a situation when my email sounded and I was drawn to who might be trying to reach me.

When I saw the name on the email I knew this was going to be a God moment; one of those moments when time stands still. There was no prophetic word, nor was it an ego-building message. It was three words of epic proportion that let me know Heaven was paying attention to my prayers and knew my situation. 

The email message simply said; "I'm praying for you."

What had burdened my soul and caused spiritual consternation was now soothed by a friend half way around the world, who, although five time zones ahead of me, knew I was in need and allowed the Holy Spirit to communicate how deeply concerned God was for me. 

During this season of fasting and prayer I would ask you to be very mindful of others that just might need what I needed from my friend.  The tendency of our prayer lives is to focus on ourselves forgetting that the Spirit of God just might want to use us in an extraordinary way in the life of another. 

As you ready yourself for bed or responding to the alarm in the morning why not breathe the following prayer: 

"Holy Spirit, I am your hands, mouth and feet.  Use me to bring encouragement, hope and strength to someone today."  Then listen to that inner voice and when a name or face appears make the call, send the email, reach out and touch them in Jesus' name.

Everybody does need somebody sometime...and that somebody just may be YOU!

I'll meet you at the Throne,
Pastor George


No comments:

Post a Comment