Saturday, March 16, 2013

Writer’s Cramp


Have you ever had writer’s cramp?  If ever, it was probably a long time ago since we now use computers more than pen or pencils.  So let’s modernize the situation with either writer’s cramp or typer’s cramp; they’re both the same in my book.

So why is this important to consider today?  Because prayer is just another way we write our future.  Let me explain.

When we speak we are in a real way prophesying the future.  It can be ours or others, but it’s creative none the less.  My own experience with this is the best example.

I am dyslexic and growing up I faced insurmountable challenges educationally, emotionally, and ultimately spiritually.  But my mother would speak over me every day saying; “George, God doesn’t make junk and God’s got a wonderful plan for your life!”

I’m not sure if she ever saw it as prophecy, but she was speaking life and blessing over me and to this day I give those words of affirmation as prophetic and fulfilling in my life.

Prayer is the difference between letting things happen and making them happen while standing before God’s throne!  Whether we are speaking to God or into someone’s life, our words are making an impact.

Paul teaches us in 1 Corinthians 14:3 that a prophet speaks words of comfort and encouragement as prompted by the Holy Spirit.  Only those connected to the Spirit in prayer know what the Spirit wants to say and will then in obedience say it.  It has been said; “the more we pray, the more prophetic we will become.” 

Have you ever seen yourself as a prophet or prophetess?  Well now you do!

Keep praying and don’t allow writer’s cramp to seize your prayer life which is writing your future and possibly the future of others.

I’ll meet you at the throne,

Pastor George    

No comments:

Post a Comment