Friday, March 15, 2013

White Noise

 
Most of us have heard of white noise, but if for some reason you haven’t, here is how it’s defined;  “The heterogeneous mixture of sound waves extending over a wide frequency range (the technical definition).  It is constant background noise; especially: one that drowns out other sounds that are meaningless or distracting commotion, hubbub, or chatter.”

We live in a culture when everybody wants to be heard yet most don’t have anything worth listening to.  But that doesn’t stop them.  The chatter is endless and the distractions are countless to the degree that my head often feels like it’s going to explode.

How do we hear the voice of God when we’re surrounded 24/7 with white noise?

I start my day FIRST in God’s Word for I have discovered that if I get there, He speaks.  When you open your bible, God opens His mouth. 

Prayer isn’t just speaking to God, it is listening to His voice and there are 66 books in the Bible that God has given to us as a sure word for our life, family, church, nation, and world.  But with all the white noise, can we hear?

Let me prime your spiritual pump with this verse and then you can ponder it for yourself.  Jeremiah 1:4 says; “The word of the Lord came to me.”

If God would come to Jeremiah, He will come to you too!

I’ll meet you at the throne,
Pastor George

  

No comments:

Post a Comment