Thursday, March 28, 2013

Walking in Circles

It’s been a few days since I’ve mentioned our spiritual guide and historical friend Honi the Circle Maker.  For those just joining me on this journey to Easter I have based my observations on Mark Batterson’s book The Circle Maker

Mark introduced us to a man who understood spiritual value of a circle.  Drawing one in the dirt he turned it into his prayer closet.  A cylinder shaped shaft that reached into heaven and from it God saw remarkable faith and granted Honi’s request for rain.
We’re preparing ourselves for Easter through praying and fasting realizing this to be more than just a season but a soul searching which brings revelation only in the privacy of personal prayer.
One day in 1997, in the middle of the Sunday morning service, while sharing my heart I felt prompted by the Holy Spirit to challenge those listening to take a journey with me around our building.  We needed a miracle and there was no way I could muster up the money or the motivation of our church.  They had been burned by a building program that had taken their heart, soul and pocketbooks.  You can be as “broke as a church mouse” but if you’ve got feet you can walk and walk we did. 
I’m sure people driving by that morning wondered what a single file line of people were doing marching around the church when they should have been sitting in their comfortably padded pews.  Some, more than likely, thought we were crazy Pentecostals. 
For me, I didn’t care what they thought!  I needed a miracle and the Spirit prompted this by faith and we walked a circle.  When I reentered the sanctuary there was no one in the room, I was the first one back and they had all followed. 
Let’s cut to the chase, what happened you ask?  A book’s worth but in short God honored us walking in a circle and $400,000 was given in faith in 90 days by 115 people.
A.W. Tozer was right when he said; “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.”  So let me remind you as you might be preparing to pray, our biggest problem is our small view of God.  It is not what we’re facing that should be our concern but who we’re trusting for our deliverance.
God is so much bigger than our biggest problem!  Pray that way.
I’ll meet you at the throne,
Pastor George  

No comments:

Post a Comment