Monday, January 10, 2011

2011/ Day 1- Questions, Always Questions

As I start Day 1 of 21 days of prayer with fasting, there are logical questions which come to mind: 
·        What will this season bring? 
·        How well can I physically and spiritually handle the fast?    ·        What’s going to happen as a result of my fasting?

What is it about the human heart and mind that is always questioning?  The challenge lies in our struggle to walk by faith and not by sight.  Our spiritual journey runs parallel with the daily routine of life.  In life, we want to know our decisions and direction are right.  We seek to live so often without risk.  Asking the tough questions first helps us alleviate any potential failure.

But in the life of faith, you must walk without seeing what is ahead or knowing in advance what the outcomes will be.  Faith is simple trust that the God who has spoken will produce His good in and through your life (Romans 8:28-30).  Everyone in the Bible who walked in faith didn’t know what was ahead, but they realized the God they followed did and trusted Him explicitly.

Let me give you my first praise report that occurred the day before the fast began.  Yesterday (Sunday afternoon) my sister called and shared that during the worship service yesterday in Columbus, Georgia, her pastor came to her during worship to share the following.  (I have never met him, which is what makes this is so special). 

He said to my sister, “You have a brother who is a pastor?" She responded "Yes". He then said the Holy Spirit spoke to him to tell her to tell me the following.  “I gave him a promise many years ago that he has allowed to gather dust.  Tell him to clean off the dust, for I have not forgotten my promise and today that promise is beginning to be fulfilled.”

What a comfort to know that when you fast and pray and submit to our heavenly Father, He does not forget things promised in the past and is at work to bring them to fulfillment in the present.  So as you fast and pray, remember, God is at work in both your life and in every situation.  He will keep His promises!

I’ll meet you at the Throne…
Pastor George  


1 comment:

  1. Yoohoo Pastor! First I want to thank you for leading us down this path to which outcome we cannot see! "For we walk by faith & not by sight", which was spoken to me by a new friend I met walking around Lake Lily yesterday. Can you believe that this is what he spoke to me this morning when I saw him? Then I opened a new WordPress Blog that another new friend created for me which has a famous photo or piece of art for my new art website. The scene is a tree-lined country road with a turn at the end where the man cannot see what lies ahead. To the left is a beautiful sunlit pasture with 2 sheep grazing peacefully.

    My point? The Holy Spirit is already beginning to speak to me in a fresh new way. He's telling ME that He's leading down a new path (2 new businesses)and I don't know where they will lead, but I KNOW that He is leading. Wow, what a way to start the year. Bring it on Holy Spirit, I'm excited!

    Be ever so Blessed my fellow faster/prayers; and as we learned from Cheryl last night fellow Ezers! That was an amazing study in the lost role of women due to the fall. Curious ladies? Then join Pastor Cheryl's new study. Woohoo, I say again.

    Clare Mitchell

    ReplyDelete