Friday, January 21, 2011

2011/ Day 12: My First Thought Today!

I’m not sure how you wake up in the morning, but when I do, my thoughts are vibrant and alive. I’m not one of those groggy kinds of people that takes four cups of coffee and two hours to get going. I’m a morning person and I love my early quiet time.

This morning my very first thought was, “The devil doesn’t like you fasting and praying!” Not a voice, but my spirit was sensitive to impending danger. My mind went immediately to when Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to fast and pray forty days prior to the start of His ministry (Matthew 4:1-11). Notice the words, “he was hungry.”

Satan didn’t come until the end of Jesus' time in the wilderness when his body was on edge, hungry, lonely, and weak. If that’s how Satan dealt with Jesus, do you think his strategy would be any different with us? What is my weakest link? Where do I find myself fragile spiritually? Protect it!

The Word of God is my only defense against Satan’s sure attack during this spiritual season. Jesus said to his disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane; “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is wiling, but the body (flesh) is weak” (Matthew 26:41).

I’ll meet you at the Throne,
Pastor George

No comments:

Post a Comment