Friday, January 28, 2011

2011/ Day 19: Lost & Found

When I hear the phrase Lost & Found, I immediately think of a location where things that are forgotten or abandoned are brought so that they can be recovered by their owner.  The problem with most Lost & Founds is that few items are ever recovered.  They’re just left and forgotten.  In our disposable society, we often quickly replace anything we’ve lost without trying to recover the original.

I learned a very significant lesson Wednesday night in our Oasis meeting.  As is my custom, I try to greet everyone personally who attends.  As I was walking through the gym, I met a real “Lost & Found” person.  Not a pair of glasses, forgotten Bible, purse or jacket, but a live Lost & Found soul!

It was a quick greeting only to be followed up with an extended email the next day (Thursday).  This story of Lost & Found is no different from a forgotten cell phone or misplaced wallet.  “I attended Calvary many years ago.  I left, but I don’t know why.  I guess my life challenges turned me to abuses that I’m not proud to admit.  And it happened; I just got lost.” As the email continued, this individual spoke of walking away from the music, the relationships, and especially Jesus. 

But then it happened, the lost was found again after believing that they would never again find the peace that comes from being in right relationship with the Savior!  This past Wednesday, they described being Found!  They were not discarded by God.  Jesus led them back and they realized that He loved them all the time.

It dawned on me that I’m really responsible for the Lost & Found Department at Calvary.  It’s my responsibility to reunite lost man with his owner, God the Father.  What an awesome privilege!

Did they come because of my fasting?  I don’t know.  Could I have prayed them in?  Maybe… or maybe your prayers did.  What really matters is that the Kingdom of God believes that those who are Lost can be Found.  (Matthew 18:10-14; Luke 15:32)

I’ll meet you at the Throne,

Pastor George  



No comments:

Post a Comment